Steam vegetables and grilled Chicken
An easy & healthy meal to love
I love this dish, simply because it’s one of the easiest healthy meal recipes that you can do. It’s quick, cheap and will guarantee a great nutritious meal for your daily intake.
I personally love carrots, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower. So most of my recipes will include one or more of these delicious vegetables. I have a few others that I have a special relationship with like zucchini. But preferred to have that in a more ‘sauce’ kinda of dish, as I like my zucchini with tomatoes and cheese.
For the Chicken, you have to watch for the chickens that don’t have hormones and are approved by the responsible government department of your country/state. I prefer to eat the chicken schnitzel, it doesn’t have all that white fat and it’s cleaner than the breast.
- Steam Pan
- frying pan
- Prepare your seasoning with your preferred herbs in a small bowl.
- put the chicken schnitzel on a cutting board with plastic paper under it.
- Add you seasoning on each side of the schnitzel. (don’t forget the salt!)
- Then add a layer of plastic paper on the top of your schnitzels.
- Use your kitchen hammer and hit each schnitzel until you get them to feel softer. (this is also good for the seasoning to really get into the chicken.
- Then get your chicken in wrapped your plastic paper with your seasoning aside to get the flavour going.
- Leave it for at least 40 minutes. You can get your vegetables now.
- Peel your carrots and slide them in the middle – that will get them to cook faster.
- Chopp your broccoli into smaller peace and cut the edged of your green peans.
- Prepare the pan, placing in on the stove at a high temperature with at least 1L of boiling water.
- Add the carrots first into the pan, then the green peans and the broccoli.
- It might take up to 20-25minutes to cook.(You can use a fork to check if the carrots are cooked. I like them very soft, so usually I leave it until last minute to take them out)
- You may take the vegetables out and put aside to cool off.
- Now, get the frying pan and place it over a hight heat on the stove.
- once you notice that it’s hot (usually 1 minute after) you may add your schnitzel into the pan.
- Grab the lemon and a grater, and grate the lemon on the top of your schnitzel. You want that zest to get that chicken. It will add a wonderful flavour to it.
- Once you notice that the chicken is getting white and cooked on the bottom, it’s time to turn.
- Leave it just for a few seconds until that other side is cooked.
- repeat with the other schnitzels.
Voilá. You now have chicken and vegetables for your next healthy meal, I usually like to have 1 entire schnitzel with 80-100g of vegetables. I feel that for me that’s the measure of how much I would need to eat from each.
And this is a non-carbohydrate recipe, so if you feel that you are missing it feel free to add 80g of quinoa or wholemeal rice.
I hope you enjoy it! 🙂