Turkey minced meat & sweet mash potato
One more easy healthy meal
If you have never heard of minced turkey meat now is the time for you to open your heart to this healthy meat and add to your recipes book. Turkey is one of my favorites meats to work with, it’s tasty and is extremely healthy. You can find options in your closest supermarket with 99% of fat-free turkey minced meat.
I normally would suggest you to have this in your recipe book for that period of your diet that you are really looking into losing a few kilos and would mind making an effort of trying new things and would be ok with not such an attractive looking meal. (I have, to be honest here, the best part of this dish is what it does for you! It doesn’t look inviting and you will have to rock your world with seasoning to make this happen!).
Suggested cooking: I would like to go with a pie kind of style. Basically, you will have our award winning sweet mashed potato with this minced meat in a pie style ( I said style, please note that it won’t have any flour involved and this is a low carb recipe.)
Very similar to a shepherd pie minus the flour.
- sweet potato (quantity will vary depending on the size of your baking pot)
- butter (1 teaspoon for 2 sweet potatoes)
- minced turkey meat
- (optional) parmesan cheese
- Prepare your sweet mashed potato, as usual, and save it aside.
- On a sauce pan, add your turkey minced meat. (it will get watery just like normal meat).
- Add Salt.
- Once the water goes down, add seasoning and stir occasionally.
- The meat is ready when is of a rose colour, it should take about 10-15 minutes to cook.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees.
- Grab your baking pot and spread butter to get all of it greasy.
- Add your turkey minced meat – it should be the bottom level of your pie so ensure you accommodate it accordingly.
- Add the sweet mashed potato on the top.
- You may add parmesan cheese if you’d like on the top of the mashed potato.
- Leave in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the parmesan cheese melts.
Voilá, Now you have this fantastic tasty meal for your weekly lunch if you’d like. Easy to prepare and you can have it with salad or your favorite vegetables to complement.
Got any comments or questions on Turkey minced meat & sweet mash potato as an easy healthy meal?
Share them in the comments below!